If you’re hosting your first Thanksgiving in your new home in Irvine, you’ve got a lot on your mind – but this quick checklist will help you keep track of what needs to happen (and when it needs to happen) so you can have a great time with your guests.
Pre-Thanksgiving Checklist for First-Time Hosts
First things first: Make a plan early. (Like now.) Start planning where you want guests to sit, where you’re going to put all the food (especially if you’re having a buffet-style dinner) and where everyone is supposed to congregate.
- Create a menu. If you’re going to try a new recipe for anything on Thanksgiving, try cooking it today to make sure you have it nailed down. Otherwise, it’s best to wait until after the big day to try anything new.
- Get your turkey at least two weeks out. You’ll typically need between three-quarters and one pound of turkey for each person. Freeze it, but remember, you need one day of thawing for every four pounds of turkey.
- Set the table the night before Thanksgiving to save yourself time on the big day.
- If you’re having overnight guests, make sure their rooms are set up and ready for them the day before they arrive.
- Cook everything you can ahead of time, like mashed potatoes, pies, and casseroles. (You can even buy the pies, and nobody will judge you… probably.)
- Clean every room in the house the day before. Empty the dishwasher and trash cans, put up fragile items so kids can’t get them… you know the drill.
Are You Looking for a New Home in Irvine?
Call us at 949-385-1684 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you want from your next home and we’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Airport area real estate listings
- Central Park West homes for sale
- Columbus Grove homes for sale
- Cypress Village real estate listings
- Eastwood Village homes for sale
- El Camino Real homes for sale
- Great Park homes for sale
- Hidden Canyon real estate listings
- Laguna Altura real estate listings
- Northpark homes for sale
- Northpark Squre homes for sale
- Northwood homes for sale
- Northwood Pointe real estate listings
- Oak Creek real estate listings
- Orangetree homes for sale
- Orchard Hills homes for sale
- Portola Springs real estate listings
- Quail Hill real estate listings
- Rancho San Joaquin homes for sale
- Shady Canyon homes for sale
- Stonegate homes for sale
- Stonegate East homes for sale
- Turtle Ridge homes for sale
- Turtle Rock real estate listings
- University Park real estate listings
- University Town Center real estate listings
- Walnut Village homes for sale
- West Irvine real estate listings
- Westpark I homes for sale
- Westpark II homes for sale
- Woodbridge homes for sale
- Woodbury homes for sale
- Woodbury East homes for sale