It is a small master community with 12 sub-tracts. The construction began in late 1990s and by 2003 it had almost 1500 units divided into SFR, townhomes and condos. The homes are built by well-known and acclaimed builders like KB Homes, Lewis, WM Lyon and Fieldstone etc. Original Irvine Ranch Headquarters and current head office of OC parks are now located in West Irvine’s Myford Road. The Marketplace is with its tons of businesses, restaurants, retail and discount store is pride of Irvine and it borders West Irvine. The other facilitator is The District shopping center which is known for its entertainment capacity. Once a few weeks a farmer market is also established to provide residents with fresh produce. There is also a collection of old buildings which are today converted into a library.
Located in the West portion of Irvine
West Irvine is preferred by families so schooling has to be top notch. Mayford Elementary School, Tustin High School and Pioneer Middle School are current serving schools in locality. There are four parks. Irvine Ranch Historic Park has preserved ranch history in 16.5 acres of land with 24 original structures, gazebos and mature orange trees. Citrus Ranch Park and Valencia Park have playgrounds, swings, clubhouse and much more.