With nearly 270,000 residents, the city of Irvine is ranked as the fastest-growing, most desirable, safest, best-educated, and healthiest large city in the nation. The popular metropolis is situated in the center of Orange County, the sixth largest county in the U.S.
Outdoor Life and Entertainment
Irvine is a stone’s throw from 15 Orange County beaches, and residents can bask in the region’s 300 days of sunshine. Aside from a day at the beach, there is plenty more outdoor fun to be had within Irvine’s 57,000 acres of permanently preserved open space. The city is just minutes from Disneyland, Downtown L.A., and Hollywood.
Irvine Spectrum, the city center, is an entertainment destination where residents and visitors can enjoy the Spectrum Center and the Great Park. Spectrum Center offers belly laughs at the Irvine Improv, and tearjerkers at the Edwards Irvine Spectrum 21 IMAX & RPX. The center’s more than 20 shops and restaurants earned it the title of the #1 Shopping & Dining Destination in Orange County in 2017 by the Orange County Register. At the Great Park, visitors can take a ride on amusement park attractions like the Giant Wheel and the Carousel.
Technology and Jobs
Irvine is a bustling technology hub where businesses thrive. As of 2015, the city was home to over 21,000 licensed companies that provided more than 200,000 jobs. Digital and analog semiconductor company, Broadcom, is headquartered at UC Irvine’s University Research Park.
In October 2017, Irvine submitted a bid to become the second world headquarters for e-commerce and cloud-computing giant, Amazon. Dubbed Amazon HQ2, the proposed campus would accommodate 50,000 workers within an 8 million sq. ft. campus.
An impressive 72 percent of adult residents in Irvine have a bachelor’s degree or higher, which makes the city #1 in that category across large cities in the country. Thirty-two percent hold a master’s degree or higher, placing Irvine at #2.
Irvine touts access to the region’s more than 415,000 STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) workers, the largest such talent pool in America. The city’s 130 institutions of higher education, including seven world-class, Top 50 ranked universities, account for 30,000 STEM workers.
Are You Looking for a New Home in Irvine?
Call us at 949-385-1684 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you want from your next home and we’ll help you find it.
In the meantime, check out our:
- Airport area real estate listings
- Central Park West homes for sale
- Columbus Grove homes for sale
- Cypress Village real estate listings
- Eastwood Village homes for sale
- El Camino Real homes for sale
- Great Park homes for sale
- Hidden Canyon real estate listings
- Laguna Altura real estate listings
- Northpark homes for sale
- Northpark Squre homes for sale
- Northwood homes for sale
- Northwood Pointe real estate listings
- Oak Creek real estate listings
- Orangetree homes for sale
- Orchard Hills homes for sale
- Portola Springs real estate listings
- Quail Hill real estate listings
- Rancho San Joaquin homes for sale
- Shady Canyon homes for sale
- Stonegate homes for sale
- Stonegate East homes for sale
- Turtle Ridge homes for sale
- Turtle Rock real estate listings
- University Park real estate listings
- University Town Center real estate listings
- Walnut Village homes for sale
- West Irvine real estate listings
- Westpark I homes for sale
- Westpark II homes for sale
- Woodbridge homes for sale
- Woodbury homes for sale
- Woodbury East homes for sale