If you have a loved one over 62 years old who’s considered very-low income, they might qualify for a USDA Section 504 Home Repair Grant. These grants go to qualified homeowners who need help removing health and safety hazards from their home. The maximum grant is $7,500. If they can’t find affordable credit anywhere else, the USDA might be able to help them repair their home.

To check if the property itself is eligible, click here and look up the address.

Now, if the property is sold in less than three years, the grant must be repaid. At any rate, it’s a really neat program for older people who need help with things like leaking roofs, insulation installation, or mold removal. So, if you know someone who might benefit, pass the information along! Check out all the detail on the USDA’s webpage about Section 405 Home Repair Loans and Grants.

In California, the following contact information applies:

USDA Rural Development
430 G Street, Agency 4169
Davis, CA 95616
Phone: (530) 792-5800

State Director’s Office: (530) 792-5800
Admin. Programs: (760) 347-3675 ext. 118
Single Family Housing: (530) 792-5816

Please note: In California, the USDA Rural Development completed its 2017-2018 review of eligible areas under its jurisdiction. In June, some areas no longer qualify as rural for USDA Rural Housing programs, so be sure to check out this informational sheet before getting anyone’s hopes up.

Thinking of Purchasing a Home in Orange County, California?

If you’re thinking about buying a home in Irvine or any of the surrounding communities, we can help you find one that’s just right for you. Call us at 949-385-1684 or get in touch with us online to let us know what you’re looking for.

In the meantime, check out our: